Mount Royal Golf & Country Estate
Astute investors are realising that decentralising a little from the congestion of Cape Metropole offers improved quality of life, and Malmesbury has become the recipient of this discerning expansion, triggering the most exciting phase of development in the town's history.
Regional Shopping Mall and clinic
Although Malmesbury has a well developed Central Business District, the region is ready to receive a shopping centre of 35,000m2 lettable floor area. The most suitable location identified is off the N7 interchange on the opposite side of the land crest from Mount Royal, within easy reach but out of view from the Estate itself. A lifestyle commercial component, a 150 bed private clinic and office park are included in the precinct.
Upgrade of the N7 Highway
The N7 highway to Malmesbury has seen a full upgrade, to be followed with a full double lane carriageway in the medium term.
The Swartland Municipality has for several years been the recipient of prestigious awards that have confirmed it as one of the foremost local authorities in South Africa. It is well positioned to administer the present expansion of development.
- 2006/07 : Vuna Award Local Economic Development (Provincial & National) Municipal Award for Excellence
- 2007/08 : Vuna Award Overall Winner (Provincial & National) Municipal Award for Excellence
- 2006/07 : Cleanest Town Competition Overall Winner (Provincial & National) General cleanliness, refuse and environmental management in an area
- 2007/08 : Cleanest Town Competition Overall Winner (Provincial & National) General cleanliness, refuse and environmental management in an area
- 2008/09 : Cleanest Town Competition Second Place (Provincial)
- 2009/10 : Cleanest Town Competition Third Place (Provincial)
The visionary policy of the Council is to develop all its resources equally and to allocate its budgets accordingly. As proof of its policy to maintain and promote sound financial management, Swartland Municipality has managed to receive unqualified audit reports from the Auditor-General in respect of the 2006/07, 2007/08, 2008/09 and 2009/10 financial years.